Monday, August 22, 2011

Friend Who Reach and Teach



As salamualaykum to you all :)


Last night, While I was discussing with someone about the way in which one should approach to another while letting them know about this deen and their duties as a muslim. Subhanallah, when i look back at myself, I realize and I am grateful for the kind of friends Allah SWT had sent in my life. They were sisters, with patience, who did not rush to judge me, but they were concerned. It felt strange that time, so strange that I would even avoid them wondering why they were being so nice to me. It was unusual and especially at that stage of my life, I secretly disliked every happy person, I was jealous of them being content and so patient even when someone would harm them.

I am not yet a full on perfect muslim, I still have my imperfections. But what these sisters did was not change me, they taught me with their words, actions and behavior that no matter what happens I can never lose hope with Allah SWT, that it's never too late, that I still had a chance to return back to my Lord... In a time when I almost gave up on the thought of ever being able to attain Jannah and yes that time I did not even know Verse 53 of Surah Zumar..They were there. Sometimes we are so busy in teaching or preaching somebody that we forget actually being there for them. Sometimes, all a person needs is another one to be there for them, to listen, to not judge, to advice and just be..


Ahamdulillahi Rabbil Alameen, He SWT guided me when I needed it the most, through these people who came in my life as his means of guiding me. Take my word, I speak from a lot of experience, Cherish the friends who help you get closer to Allah SWT, make dua for them. Sincerely like you would do for yourself. Don't forget them and move on. Remember them, Tell them how much you love them for the sake of Allah and be there for them when they need you. I know you all know the *Being friends* routine.. But like i always mention, whatever I write is a reminder for myself first before anyone else.


They are the people who reach out to you and who teach without actually teaching. May Allah SWT reward those sisters without measure for the patience they had shown to me and for the kind words they used to advice me with..


I do have many friends other than these sisters, who are also quite close to me and there were times when I would not seek these sister's advice because i knew they would not say what I would like to hear from them. The thing is very simple, these people are specal.


A loving and sincere shout out to Amina and SNQ

3 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful piece of writing, and a lovely reminder to us all, and it shows that people that love each other for the sake of Allah swt share a special bond, something much deeper than just being *friends*. May Allah swt protect and nourish the sisterhood and grant us many more years of friendship and closeness and may he grant us the ability to guide each other to the straight path. Ameeen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MashaAllah sis. Very beautiful =) May Allah guide us all, ameen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masha Allah Shiru! Beautiful and poignant reminder! This reminded me of one of my most beloved friends, the one without whom I never would have begun my journey towards Islam :)

    You're so right, such sisters are special, very special, because they help us make our Akhirah better and for that, we can never thank them enough! May Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala grant us Jannah together with them! Ameen!

    ReplyDelete